As a citizen of the United States of America, you have the right to seek help from your elected representatives in addressing your concerns -- including policies that affect your conditions of employment as a federal employee. You may contact your Congressional representatives on

such matters as long as you are on your own time, use your personal phone/computer, and

make it clear you are contacting them as a citizen and not speaking on behalf of the agency. 

For further information regarding your right to petition the government, click here.

Send a letter to Congress

IAM Legislative Action Center

Use ResistBot to fax a letter to your congressional representatives from your cell phone. 
It's free and easy to use.
1) Text "resist" to 50409
2) Enter your name and zip code
3) Enter the text you want to send to your representatives 
    (i.e. "Vote 'no' on official time reform act: H.R. 1364")  
4) Follow the prompts to let your voice be heard in Congress

Active Action Alerts

Click here to oppose H.R. 1364 - Congressional Attack on Official Time

Legislative Issues

Official Time

-Official Time Talking Points Memo

-Protecting Official Time

-Q & A

Federal Pay
-Federal Employee Pay Talking Points Memo

Retirement Security 

Workforce Reduction

-Federal Workforce Reduction Talking Points Memo
-Changes in RIF Procedures

Paid Parental Leave
-Featured Press Release

Want to see where your elected representatives stand on the issues that matter to America's middle class? Interested in finding out whether they have YOUR best interests in mind? Use this handy interactive map to find your elected officials and see if they are a friend of working families.

Click Here to Search Your Representatives' Voting Records

Helpful Links

Why Legislative Action Matters for You

 IAM Action Center

Tips for Meeting with Elected Officials

Number of Federal Employees by state