Congress Passes CR Until Jan 19th
Congress Passes CR Until Jan. 19, 2017
The Congress passed a short term Continuing Resolution (CR) today to keep the government running over the holidays. This CR expires on January 19, 2018.
What NFFE is doing:
- NFFE continues to push to pass the Federal Employee Fair Treatment Act (S. 861)which will ensure that employees who are furloughed or forced to work through the furlough, that all employees will be compensated quickly upon the government opening. Also, it allows employees to take scheduled annual leave and sick leave as needed.
- Also, NFFE supports the bipartisan Federal Employee Retroactive Pay Actwould guarantee back pay for all furloughed workers if Congress and the White House are unable to come to a funding agreement.
- NFFE is working hard to protect federal workers through its communications with Congress, insisting that they keep any CR clean and amenable to both parties.
- NFFE is also campaigning the congress to keep controversial political initiatives separate from funding bills, especially Continuing Resolutions, which serve as a last chance to keep agencies open.
- NFFE will keep its members posted as events progress in January.
What you can do:
- Post this memo at your workplace and help spread the word.
- Go over your personal finances and prepare for the possibility of delayed paychecks.
- Help NFFE members with access to emergency loans through the Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund (FEEA), on which NFFE serves on the board of directors. For more information, visit the FEEA website at www.feea.org.
- Sign up on the NFFE website and on Facebook @NFFEunion for the most up to date information.
- Read the OPM Q&A document regarding shutdown information.