How to Access Disaster Relief as a NFFE-IAM Member

171010_video_poster_img crop

In the wake of violent storms and extreme weather, the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE) would like to remind members that they have access to disaster relief resources, and how to apply for those resources. Especially due to unprecedented circumstances in California, here is information on first steps that union members in need of disaster relief can take.

The first and best option is to contact NFFE Headquarters or the Machinist Union to access the IAM Assistance Program. To submit a claim under this program, please see the NFFE-IAM Disaster Relief Guide. The funds you are entitled to will be based on the damage assessment that you submit. If you have any questions, NFFE or the IAM can assist you in submitting a claim. You can use the NFFE General Inquiries contact form to reach out to NFFE Headquarters for assistance.

Another possible pathway to accessing relief funds is through a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant. Under this program, if you have been impacted by a natural disaster, you may be eligible to receive a $500 grant. In order to be eligible, you must meet all of the criteria below: