National Federation of Federal Employees, affiliated with the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, AFL-CIO
NFFE Calls on Biden to Increase Pay and Improve Working Conditions for Wildland Firefighters
The National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), sent this letter to President Biden to pinpoint all the ways his administration can act now to pay firefighters fairly, increase surge capacity, and support mental health needs and overall work/life balance.
- January 21, 2022Today, the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE-IAM) applauds the Biden-Harris Administration for implementing pay raises to guarantee all federal employees earn at least $15 per hour. The Office of Personnel Management announced today that agencies are directed to make pay adjustments by January 30th, affecting nearly 70,000 civilian employees.
- January 14, 2022This weekend and throughout Black History Month, NFFE-IAM honors the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I call on all our members and every American to join us in reflecting on the lessons of Dr. King’s work and how we can apply his vision to our society today. As a fierce advocate for the working class and champion of equality for people across the globe, we strive to encapsulate Dr. King’s values in our mission as a union.
- January 13, 2022Today, the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE-IAM) is calling on Congress to pass the Federal Adjustment of Income Rates (FAIR) Act, which will provide federal employees with an average pay raise of 5.1% in 2023.
- January 13, 2022Today, the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE-IAM) commends the introduction of the Honoring Civil Servants Killed in the Line of Duty Act (S. 3847). The bill aims to amend Title 5 of the United States Code to increase death gratuities and funeral allowances for Federal employees
- January 12, 2022As we enter the new year, it is important for federal employees to understand policies and guidance related to the ongoing COVID pandemic. This includes considering what options you have if you test positive for the coronavirus.
NFFE In the Media
federal employee union, having ratified its
constitution on September 17, 1917.