Register Today for the Basic Web Development Class at the IAM’s William W. Winpisinger Center
This is the official call for the IAM Basic Web Development Class scheduled to be held April 28-May 3, 2013, at the William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center at Placid Harbor in Hollywood, MD.
Offered by the IAM Communications Department, this basic-level class is for lodges just beginning new websites and focuses on designing and constructing web pages appropriate for lodge use. This year’s class will also focus on transitioning lodges that are using Microsoft Front Page or Microsoft Expression Web to WordPress. Because the nature of the class calls for personal, hands-on instruction, the number of participants is limited. Therefore, only the person who will be responsible for maintaining your website should be assigned.
Requirements for the course:
- Lodges must be beginning new websites or transition over to WordPress from either Front Page or Expression Web, and their participant must be the person who will be responsible for maintain the new website.
- Participants must be familiar with Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, Firefox or similar web browsers.
- Participants must have knowledge of basic word processing skills, such as copying, pasting, and saving files.
- Lodges must have a domain name registered and must be able to obtain the credentials required for the domain management prior to attending the class.
- Lodges must have at a minimum a shared hosting provider such as FatCow, GoDaddy, BlueHost, or similar, with WordPress support and maintain credentials for accessing hosting management.
Registration forms must be received in the IAM Communications Department no later than Friday, March 1, 2013, and must include the Lodge Officer’s signature and Lodge Seal. Applicants chosen will be notified by mail or email.
Send the completed registration form to:
IAM Communications Department
Basic Web Development Class
9000 Machinists Place
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772-2687
For your information, the Communications Department offers lodges a basic website that is hosted on the IAM server. More than 300 lodges have taken advantage of this opportunity by signing up for the IAM Micro Site service.
If you are interested in the Micro Site service, or have questions regarding the Basic Web Development class, please call the IAM Communications Department at (301) 967-4520.