#StopTheShutdown Get Involved! Things You Can Do Today
We are not stopping until the shutdown is over. Even if you’re not furloughed or directly affected by the shutdown, get involved and stand up for your fellow NFFE members! Here’s how you can help:
- Volunteer to have your story told! The media is always looking for personal stories. If you are interested in talking to the media, contact Brittany Holder at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pressure Mitch McConnell to call the House funding bill to the floor. The bill is exactly the same bill he passed in December, so if he did it once, he can do it again. Call his state office 859-224-8286 and use #CallTheVote on social media and use the easy letter writing campaign found here
- Use the IAM Hotline to call your senator (especially Republican senators) at 866-803-8830 and ask for your senate offices. Demand they take up the “House funding bill” (the same bill that McConnell and the Senate passed last year).
- Attend the rally Wed. 1/17/19 at Nat’s Park in Washington, DC at 12:00 to protest at the senate Republican retreat to urge senators to vote on the same bill they passed last year to reopen government.
- The Women’s March is officially recognizing and embracing federal workers who are affected by the partial government shutdown. Women’s March organizers have designated the meeting point for the federal community at Jefferson Drive and 13th Street SW (13th Street is a walking path) for shutdown protesters who want to join the march this Saturday, January 19, 2019. Federal employees, contractors, affected businesses, and other shutdown protesters are welcomed to join.