Return to Work Guidance Hub
As agencies continue to plan and consider ways to change how the federal workforce performs work, using lessons learned from the last 18 months of expanded telework, flexible work schedules, and remote capabilities – the “Future of Work” is gradually beginning to take shape.
With respect to an increased percentage of employees returning to their physical workplaces, NFFE has provided input to a number of agencies and we are imploring our local, and council leaders to take active roles in bargaining and helping to construct return to work plans.
Check back here periodically for updated guidance and information for local officers.
Federal Workforce Resources
Below are helpful updates and FAQs pertinent to COVID-19 related workplace matters. The FAQs below from the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce can all be found under the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce FAQs link above as well.
- CDC | COVID-19 Vaccination for Pregnant People to Prevent Serious Illness, Deaths, and Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes from COVID-19
- FECA Bulletin 22-01 “Coverage for Injuries Resulting from the COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate for Federal Employees” (10/1/2021)
- Executive Order 14043 | Guidance on Applying Coronavirus Vaccination Requirements to New Hires (10/1/2021)
- Executive Order 14043 | Guidance on Enforcing Coronavirus Vaccination Requirement for Federal Employees (10/1/2021)
- FAQs for Enforcement of Coronavirus Vaccination Requirement for Federal Employeesidance (10/1/2021)
- COVID-19 Vaccination FAQs (**Updated 9/16/2021)
- COVID-19 Workplace Safety: Agency Model Safety Principles (9/13/2021)
- Vaccine Related Leave FAQs (8/25/2021)
- COVID-19 Testing FAQs (8/18/2021)
- COVID-19 Vaccination FAQs (**Updated 8/6/2021)
- Vaccination FAQs - Labor Relations (8/6/2021)
- COVID-19 Local Conditions FAQs (8/6/2021)
- Additional Guidance on Post-Reentry Personnel Policies and Work Environment (7/26/2021)
- FAQs for Official Travel for Fully Vaccinated Federal Employees (6/24/2021)
- FAQs for Vaccinations (6/8/2021)
Local officers are encouraged to contact their National Business Representative and/or the NFFE Legal Department with questions or for more guidance.
NFFE-IAM Local Officer Information
- NFFE-IAM Sample Proposals (I&I)
- NFFE-IAM Vaccine bargaining topics
- Telework & Remote Work Policy Changes
- Return to Work Proposals (template)
- NFFE Guidance on Executive Order Requiring COVID-19 Vaccination
- M-21-25 Summary of Guidance
NFFE-IAM Letters on Pre-decisional Input